Friday, 17 January 2014

Book Review of Never Enough by Denise Jaden

So I give this book a 4/5 rating. I loved how the author was able to talk about serious issues such as eating disorders and abuse in a delicate way without ripping the tenderness of the topic. The only reason I gave this book a 4/5 instead of 5/5 is because at time I found the main character a bit annoying with her constant complains though that did help with character developments. The main character also deals with problems on betraying her sister. Certain "accidents" happen with her sister's ex-boyfriend and the main character struggles on what she should do whether she should break the news to her sister or keep it a secret. I would say this book is worth the read but this is certainly not just a summer kind of read cause it deals with some serious issues.. it took me about 4 days to get through this and I found myself thinking about this book at random times of day just because the author describes the pain the main character goes through in such a realistic way. The ending was a bit of a shocker for me. If you see this book at a book store, be sure to check it out because it is worth it.    


“Beauty isn't perfect. It's something to be felt and something to be breathed. [She] did that every day, whether she knew it or not.” 
― Denise JadenNever Enough                                                                                                 



No comments:

Post a Comment